Trends change every season. In the crafting community, trends change too but craft queens (or kings) find new ways to use old trends. This year, many old trends are getting new makeovers. Below are my craft trends for the 2014 Spring season.
Below is a video of these great spring trends.
Decorative Duck Tape– This tape is a fun twist to the everyday duck tape we all know and love. Decorative Duck tape can open your eyes to many different creative uses. Just like normal Duck tape, decorative duck tape can be used on paper, wood and other materials. You can enhance anything just by adding a fun sticky, decorate tape to it.
Washie tape– This kind of tape is the Japanese version of duck tape except it’s light and thinner in weight. It too can be used for the items listed above.
Find inspirational ways to use Decorative Duck tape and Washie tape here.
3D Stickers– Originally known for scrapbooking and card making, 3D stickers can also be used for anything you want to decorate because it’s more durable than flat stickers. These stickers come in any themes that will fit your overall idea. Find 3D stickers at Michaels.com
A Blank Frame- A blank frame is super cheap and can be found at stores like Joanns. It can be a personal touch to your favorite memories. It is great for crafting because you can use paint/markers on it.
Just like a cook needs utensils, a craft guru needs crafting materials for each project she or he makes. Below is the list of essential materials I recommend everyone to have in their craft box so they are ready for any project. The video below explains craft box materials in more detail. https://vimeo.com/89213676
1) Stock Paper- Stock paper is the go-to supply for projects because it is efficient for scrapbooking and making cards. Stock paper is thicker and coarser than normal printing paper since it’s made to last longer.
2) Crafting Tape-Any sort of tape is great for paper projects. Every craft person should have tape because it’s a safer way of sticking paper since it doesn’t leave sticky residue like glue does.
3) Paint-Acrylic paint or soy paint is another great essential to have in your craft box. Paint normally dries fast and it contains stronger permanent colors that can make your projects pop.
4) Glue Gun-Speaking of glue, glue guns are a definite must have for crafting. You should have a glue gun stocked in your box because it can be used on most durable items like wood and metal projects.
5) Marker- Markers (I prefer permanent) are great for adding a little bit of bright life to your crafts. I prefer Sharpies brand because it’s the brand I can bank on finding in most stores. Markers can be used on any materials as well.
6) Blank Canvas-With a blank canvas, you can use permanent markers on them or paint them. They are for your own personal creation. Having multiple sizes gives you more options for your future projects. All craft supplies can be found at amazon.com or any other craft store.