I love to spoil my mother on Mother’s Day. Normally I buy her flowers, chocolate and/or jewelry. But this year, I decided to do something different and personal. Since I love making things with my hands, I made her a homemade card from scratch, and best of all it didn’t cost me one cent! Not only is this card free, it’s personal and will make my mother smile.
1) decorative Card Stock
2) printer/construction paper
4) “Happy Mother’s Day photoshop text graphic (optional)
5) tissue paper
1) Decide layout of the card to be horizontal or vertical. I chose vertical because it’s different from regualar vertical cards.
2) Fold the construction paper.
3) Cut the card stock to match the size of your card.
4) Tape or glue the card stock unto the card.
5) Add your “Happy Mother’s Day” text graphic.
6) Cut up the tissue paper to make a boarder for the card.
7) Give it to Mom!
* The goal of this card is to spend very little or nothing at all on it. In a card store, you would spend about $2.00-$3.00. But by coming up with creative ways to reuse paper and glue, you will save that money for other crafting materials in the future. Enjoy!